Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Floor Insulation

With the gussets welded in and spray paint on all the metal that would soon be sealed off by the insulation, I was able to get to work on putting in the floor insulation.



I went to the hardware store to get a few things I needed or would need in the near future and somehow this box ended up costing 300 Bucks!!!


Also went by the plumbing supply and got some pipe cut to make some "super clamps" for squeezing the subfloor together, another $30 with the cutting fee.
 

I left enough of a gap on one side of each piece of foam to get the nozzle from foam in a can in between.  When it expanded it pushed the other side tight enough to hold quite nicely.



I also sprayed between the top of the foam and the "rim joist" so that it would push the insulation down as it expanded.  Worked like a charm.




Then trimmed it up so I could start work on the subfloor.

No comments:

Post a Comment